Pop Tab Program
Did you know that you can help us turn pop tabs into cash? By simply saving your pop tabs (or any other aluminum pull tab) you can help us purchase items for our House. It is easy to get started and once you have collected a batch of tabs you can drop them off at our House.
How our program works:
1. Save your pop tabs.
2. Convince your friends, neighbors, church, school or business to save tabs with you.
3. Drop them off at our House (245 Locust St.) any day of the week between 9am and 8pm. Make sure to call ahead and schedule a tour of the House!
4. We collect them and give them to a local metal recycler (Metalico Annaco).
5. They give us cash for each pound of tabs.
6. The funds are used to purchase items for the House.
Our past purchases have included a House computer available to our families, BOSE Wave Radio, Hot Dog cooker, digital camera and two Christmas tress for the holidays.
This program is great as a way for schools to get their students involved in a service project. There is no money required only a little bit of effort. It can also become a math or science project based around estimating, recycling, saving, or teamwork. Have a contest between classrooms or grades or make it a school wide project. If you would like a representative from the House to speak to your class please contact Meri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for the support and keep those tabs coming!